ADVERTORIAL • May 2022
You’re flying through your travel to-do list. Next to tick off: sorting your holiday finances. You want a card you can take abroad that’s convenient, flexible and comes with perks, right?
Allow us to introduce you to the British Airways Prepaid Mastercard®. It couldn’t be simpler: you load it with money and then simply top it up anywhere and at any time using a debit card.
But that’s not all… this is the only prepaid card to reward you with Avios every time you use it, whether on holiday or doing your everyday shopping at home. You’ll be saving as you spend – imagine that. Here’s why the British Airways Prepaid Mastercard is a handy companion wherever you are in the world…
Use your British Airways Prepaid Mastercard and you’ll collect 1 Avios for every £2, €2 or $2 you spend.1 So, whether you’re doing that all-important pre-holiday shop or enjoying a few well-deserved treats on your travels, you can splurge and save at the same time. All those extra Avios you’re accumulating? Put them towards your next adventure, of course.
There’s more. Sign up for a British Airways Prepaid Mastercard and you’ll receive a welcome bonus of 1,500 Avios if you spend £500, €500 or $500 in your first 90 days.2 Now you’ve turbocharged your Avios balance, you’re ever closer to that dream trip. Will it contribute to a Reward Flight to somewhere sunny, a cabin upgrade or a stay in that hotel you’ve had your eye on?
There’s lunch in the trattoria followed by a boat trip, not to mention sunset cocktails... Making purchases abroad with a card is all par for the course. The British Airways Prepaid Mastercard is not only an easy way to pay for any holiday expenses – you can use it almost everywhere, with no foreign transaction fees.3
Sometimes, only cash will do. But when you make a withdrawal with a credit card, either from an ATM or over the counter, you’re often charged interest. The British Airways Prepaid Mastercard allows you to make three free monthly cash withdrawals up to £300.4 No hidden withdrawal fees means happier holidays all round.
As it’s prepaid, there are no credit checks when you apply for a British Airways Prepaid Mastercard, meaning that every adult over the age of 18 years in the UK with a local current bank account is eligible. It’s also ideal if you like to keep track of your expenses – you top up your prepaid card when you need to and can only spend the money you’ve put on it, meaning you’re in control. And who doesn’t like that?
Once you receive your British Airways Prepaid Mastercard, you can load it up with money anytime and anywhere. It couldn’t be easier. To apply, simply download or open the British Airways Executive Club Rewards app, enter your details and select the Mastercard icon in the navigation bar. It won’t be long before you’re getting even more out of your future adventure.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. You will be awarded 1 Avios per £2, $2 or €2 spent on your British Airways Prepaid Mastercard. Avios are issued and redeemed in accordance to the British Airways Executive Club Terms and Conditions. Detailed information can be found at information can be found at ba.com/theclubterms.
1.1. Avios are calculated on the amount of the Transaction and then rounded to the nearest full Avios. For example, if you make a Transaction of £55.99, Avios are earned at the rate of 1 Avios per £2 spend (£55.99 divided by 2 equals £27.99, rounded to the nearest full Avios therefore 28 Avios will accrue).
2. For the British Airways Prepaid Mastercard, 1,500 Avios welcome bonus will be awarded to your BAEC account if you have held your Card for 90 days and have spent a minimum of either £500, $500 or €500 in any one currency within 90 days of activating your Card. ATM transactions do not apply.
3. Any Transactions in currencies other than GBP, EUR or USD, will be automatically deducted from your GBP balance and the Applicable Exchange Rate will be applied and will be subject to the applicable Fee. If your balance in GBP is not sufficient to cover the Transaction in currencies other than GBP, EUR and/or USD, the remaining balance will be deducted from your balance in EUR or USD, starting with the highest balance.
3.1. If you make a Transaction in USD, EUR or GBP where you do not have sufficient funds in the relevant Currency E-Wallet, we will deduct the amount to from another Currency E-Wallet at the Applicable Exchange Rate to rectify this and the Transaction will be subject to the applicable Fee.
4. Limitations apply. Free international ATM withdrawals are limited to three monthly withdrawals up to £300, 2% thereafter. Free domestic ATM withdrawals are limited to three monthly withdrawals up to £300, 2% thereafter.
5. Fees, limits and charges apply. You will not be charged a Card Fee for your British Airways Prepaid Mastercard for 6 months from date of Activation. After this date, a Card Fee of £2.99 applies.
6. You cannot collect Avios on your Card Fee or the following Transactions types:
6.1. on any means of digital electronic payment method (including but not limited to Bitcoin or casino money);
6.2. on payments of rent for residential or business premises;
6.3. on Payments for Court Costs, including Alimony and Child Support;
6.4. on Payment of Fines;
6.5. on Bail and Bond Payments;
6.6. on Tax Payments to the HMRC
Full Terms can be found at ba.com/prepaid.
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
The British Airways Prepaid Mastercard is issued by Prepaid Financial Services Limited pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Prepaid Financial Services Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011, FRN 900036, for the issuance of electronic money and provision of payment services. Registered Office: 4th Floor, 35 Great St Helen’s, London, EC3A 6AP. Company Registration number: 06337638. British Airways Plc is the distributor and is registered in England and Wales company no.1777777 of Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, West Drayton, Middlesex UB7 0GB. British Airways Executive Club Terms and Conditions apply to collecting and redeeming Avios. Terms can be found at ba.com/theclubterms.