ADVERTORIAL • October 2022
Fuel more than just your car at your next petrol pitstop with bp and British Airways, whose partnership is designed to get you away faster – with a joining bonus of £5
Yes, you read that right: thanks to an exciting new collaboration between bp and BA, Executive Club Members can now collect Avios when refuelling their cars at any of the supplier’s 1,200 stations via BPme Rewards. All you need to do to get off the road and onto the runway is sign up to BPme Rewards, purchase fuel or in-store station products,1 then head here to convert them to those oh-so-precious Avios.
What’s more, there’s never been a better time to join: after creating a free account, BPme Rewards members will receive 1,000 bonus points worth £5 to kick-start their loyalty journeys. Simply register your card and spend £25 on qualifying products to make the most of the introductory bonus.2 After that, it’s all about relaxing in the knowledge that with every refuelling purchase – whether for your car or yourself (we love a gas station snack) – you’ll be accruing valuable points.
Once that BPme Rewards balance is looking healthy, it’s up to you to decide how to redeem your points. And sure, you could put them towards your next tank of fuel or that road-trip lunch break, but we think converting them to Avios and getting away on that long-overdue holiday is by far the best option.
Link up your BPme Rewards and Executive Club accounts here, then reap the rewards by converting your BPme Rewards points (either manually or automatically) at a rate of 40 points to 25 Avios.3 From there, the world is your oyster. Use Avios to book flights, hotels, car hire, holiday experiences and more. Not sure where to start? Here are three ways Avios can move you from wheels to wings in no time.
Redeem Avios for flights
Dreaming of tropical sunsets and cocktails by the pool? Make it a reality by redeeming your Avios against Reward Flights and Reward Saver Flights,4 which cover all British Airways and oneworld destinations, allow you to book in any cabin and travel with maximum flexibility. All you need to do is pay the taxes, fees and charges – the rest is covered. Be sure to plan well in advance, as these travel treats get snapped up quickly!
Give your getaway an upgrade
Fancy a bit more leg room on that upcoming long-haul flight? Or perhaps it’s just time to treat yourself to a more luxurious cabin experience? Whatever the reason, your Avios has got it covered. If you’re flying with British Airways, Iberia or American Airlines, you can use Avios for cabin upgrades either one-way or return, wherever there’s availability, and enjoy an elevated flying experience.5
Book a hotel stay
Avios don’t just get you where you need to go in style, they can make sure you stay in style, too. Put them to good use by booking one of 8,000+ hotels with British Airways Holidays and pay with Avios – or part-pay with Avios and cash – and treat yourself to a truly decadent escape. Whether it’s a boutique city bolthole in Barcelona, an all-inclusive Caribbean resort in Punta Cana or somewhere completely off the grid where the real world can’t touch you, the choices are endless, and they’re yours.
Terms and Conditions
Full T&Cs here
1. Earn 1 BPme Rewards point per pound on regular fuel or in-store purchases and 2 points per pound on Ultimate Fuel.
2. Members need to register their BPme Rewards card and purchase a minimum of £25 spend on qualifying products. As per BPme’s standard Section 3 Loyalty terms and conditions, during the promotion period, Members will receive 1,000 BPme Rewards points for registering.
3. A minimum transfer amount of 40 BPme Rewards points is required to make a Conversion. BPme Rewards points can only be converted into Avios in increments of 40 BPme Rewards points. You will be entitled to 25 Avios for every 40 BPme Rewards points through a Conversion. A maximum of 30,000 BPme Rewards points per calendar month can be manually converted into Avios, and a maximum of 30,000 BPme Rewards points per calendar month can be automatically converted by you into Avios. The manual and automatic Conversion limits are independent of one another.
4. Reward Flight Savers are British Airways’ best value reward flights. Reward Flight Saver offers customers great value flights with a low, flat fee to cover taxes, fees and carrier charges and a fixed Avios amount. To be eligible for Reward Flight Saver, you need to have collected at least one Avios in the past 12 months. To find out more about Reward Flight Saver, click here. Reward Flights are subject to availability.
5. An Avios upgrade is always to the next cabin, which can vary depending on the route and airline. On a short-haul flight, you could upgrade from Economy (Euro Traveller) to Business (Club Europe). On a long-haul flight, you could upgrade from Economy (World Traveller) to Premium Economy (World Traveller Plus); Premium Economy (World Traveller Plus) to Business (Club World), or Business (Club World) to First Class. We offer a limited number of reward seats on all our published flights and so they are subject to availability. There must be reward flight availability in the next cabin for you to be able to upgrade to it using Avios. Most cash bookings can be upgraded with Avios either at the time of booking or later depending on availability. Only the lowest economy (World Traveller) fares (Q, O and G) cannot be upgraded with Avios at any time. You won’t be able to upgrade with Avios at the airport or on board.